About West Hills
2015 Camp Dates
- Monday, June 29 to Friday, August 21
- Camp Closed-Friday, July 3
- 8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- FREE Before and After Care is available beginning at 8am and extending until 6 pm each camp day. Please call the office for additional information.
- Monday thru Thursday 9:00am to 6:00pm, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
(September thru June)
- Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
(June thru August)
- Saturday & Sunday by appointment
(September thru January)
- Saturday & Sunday 12pm to 4pm
(February thru August)
Day Camp Overview
- We are a long-standing member of the American Camp Association (ACA) and the Long Island Camp and Private Schools Association (LICAPS), ensuring you of the highest standards in camping.
- We are located on 18 magnificent acres, secured for your child’s complete protection.
- All children in camp swim twice each day including daily American Red-Cross swim instruction in our 7 filtered and heated pools. We are also home to “Big Blue,” our giant flume slide.
- We have a highly qualified professional staff to care for and supervise your child made up of certified teachers, skilled professionals, parents, college graduates, students and registered nurses.
Activities vary from physically active to pleasantly passive:
- Extensive action challenge courses, breathtaking zip lines, ATV course and team building area
- Dynamic arts & crafts complex including special programs in ceramics, woodworking and free-style drawing
- A comprehensive athletic program teaching basic skills and providing competition in such areas as tennis, karate, wrestling, basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey, lacrosse, yoga and zumba
- Large beautiful pond for fishing and boating
- A variety of programs in technology including digital photography, computers, A/V production, radio station and more